- Jaguar Land Rover is the official motor partner for the Royal Preview of the Coronation Festival on Thursday 11th July
- The Festival is a four-day celebration of innovation, excellence and industry, held in the gardens of Buckingham Palace, 11th to 14th July
- Jaguar Land Rover is the only automotive manufacturer to hold all three Royal Warrants
As the only automotive manufacturer to hold all three Royal Warrants from Her Majesty The Queen, His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh and His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, Jaguar Land Rover is proud to be the official motor partner for the Royal Preview of the Coronation Festival on Thursday 11th July.
The Coronation Festival, which takes place in the gardens of Buckingham Palace from 11th to 14th July, is a celebration of innovation, excellence and industry through trade and craft. Uniquely, it will be the first time that more than 200 companies who hold Royal Warrants of Appointment are brought together on this scale,to showcase their goods, services and skills.
Dr Ralf Speth, Jaguar Land Rover's Chief Executive
Officer said, "Jaguar and Land Rover were each granted their first
Royal Warrants in 1951, a year before The Queen ascended the
Throne. We are honoured and delighted to be celebrating this long
and unbroken relationship by supporting the Coronation Festival.
The association of our vehicles with the Royal Family is
appreciated by our customers around the world, from the United
States to China. So we recognise the Royal Warrants as an
important contributor to the company's accelerating global
Jaguar Land Rover is the largest manufacturer of premium vehicles in the UK. Both of its great British marques have been at the forefront of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Over the last six decades Jaguar and Land Rover expertise has led to the delivery of a number of world first innovations, most recent examples range from Adaptive Cruise Control and dual view screens to the pyrotechnic deployable bonnet and the first aluminium monocoque body. With a prestigious Queen's Award for Innovation for the patented Terrain Response System and a further Queen's Award for Enterprise, Jaguar Land Rover has affirmed its position as an automotive visionary.
For more information about the latest range of products from Jaguar and Land Rover, visit www.jaguar.com www.landrover.com. Further information about the Coronation Festival is available atwww.coronationfestival.com .
Notes to editors:
- Jaguar and Land Rover have been granted the following Royal Warrants:
Royal Warrants of Appointment first granted to Land Rover
1951 HM King George VI
1955 HM The Queen
1964 HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
1981 HRH The Prince of Wales
1987 HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
Royal Warrants of Appointment first granted to Jaguar
1951 HM The Queen (transferred to the present Queen on her accession in 1952)
1964 HM Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother
1987 HRH The Prince of Wales
2012 HRH The Duke of Edinburgh
- The Queen's Awards for Enterprise and Innovation were received by Land Rover in 2008 recognising International Trade and the development of the patented Terrain Response System.
Jaguar Land Rover:
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- In 2012, Jaguar Land Rover sold 357,773 vehicles, up 30%.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2.75bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2014.
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters by value (£8.2bn in 2011) and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- In the 12 months to 31 March 2013, Jaguar Land Rover generated profit before tax of £1.675bn with revenues of £15.8bn.
The Coronation Festival:
- Opening times to the public between 12th July - Sunday 14th July 2013 are: 9.30am - 4.00pm for day ticket holders, and 6.00pm - 10.00pm for evening ticket holders
- The Royal Warrant Holders Association is hosting the Coronation Festival, which will showcase over 200 of the companies who have supplied goods or services for at least five years to the Households of The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh or The Prince of Wales
- Royal Warrants have always been regarded as hallmarks of quality, excellence and service
- The Coronation Festival is a unique event which forms part of The Queen's Programme in the 60th anniversary year of the Coronation
- Media 10, a privately owned publishing and events company based in Loughton, Essex is the event organiser for the Festival. Media 10 is one of theleading players in the events industry, best known for the running of the iconic Ideal Home Show and Grand Designs Live
- The Coronation Festival Gala will be broadcast in a special program for BBC Radio 2, and for a one off TV special on BBC One.
- Media Contact & Press Office for the Coronation Festival, Please contact Alexandra Davison or Nicola Formoy on 0207 096 5816 or email email@example.com
For more Jaguar Land Rover information please contact:
Nicola Rzeznik, Senior Communications Officer
T: + 44 (0) 2476 564252 E: firstname.lastname@example.org