- Second Best ever Jaguar Land Rover U.S. May sales month
- Best May retail month since 2004 for Jaguar
- Jaguar F-PACE, winner of two 2017 World Car of the Year Awards, continues to be the brand’s volume leader for the month
- Second Best ever Land Rover U.S. May sales month
- Best ever May sales month for Range Rover Sport and Discovery Sport
(MAHWAH, NJ) – June 1, 2017 -- Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC today reported May 2017 U.S. sales: Jaguar sales were 3,113 units, a 44 percent increase from 2,164 units in May 2016; Land Rover sales increased slightly to 4,993 units; Jaguar Land Rover May U.S. sales for both brands hit 8,106 units, a 14 percent increase from 7,114 units in May 2016. Year to date, Jaguar Land Rover is up 22 percent in the United States.
“We are very pleased to see the continued sales growth for both the Jaguar and Land Rover brands, said Joe Eberhardt, President and CEO, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC. “The Jaguar brand continues its sales momentum driven by the strong performances of the XE and F-PACE and the Land Rover brand with the Range Rover Sport, Discovery Sport and the arrival of the new Discovery, which is in showrooms now.”
U.S. BRAND HIGHLIGHTS
For the month of May, Land Rover sales hit 4,993 units, the second best May retail month for the brand (May 2015 holds the record for best May sales month ever). The Discovery Sport had its best ever May sales month with 904 units sold and the new Discovery SUV with optional seven passenger seating just arrived in showrooms.
For the month of May, the Range Rover Sport also had its best ever May sales month and was the volume leader hitting 1,813 units sold.
Range Rover hit 1,272 sales, up 22 percent. The Range Rover Evoque hit 858 sales, up 6 percent. The all-new Range Rover Velar, which was introduced in the U.S. at the New York Auto Show, goes on sale later this summer.
The 2017 Land Rover model line-up features five models: The all-new Discovery, which replaces the LR4, features a radical new design language for the full-size, optional seven passenger seating SUV and all-new levels of refinement, passenger technology and driver assistance options. The Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque continue steadfast, both powered by 240-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter engines. The Range Rover and Range Rover Sport model lines expand for 2017 each with a new model. Replacing the limited edition HST model in the Range Rover Sport line-up, the Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic features a 380-hp supercharged V6 engine, dynamic body trim appointments and black trim finishes. Within the full-size Range Rover line-up, Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations has introduced the SVAutobiography Dynamic. Based off of the long wheelbase SVAutobiography, the SVAutobiography Dynamic offers a driver focused experience through a standard wheelbase, suspension and chassis tuning and a lowered ride height. Both Range Rover model lines feature five powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 380-hp supercharged V6, a 510-hp supercharged V8, a 550-hp supercharged V8 and a new 254-hp turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 diesel.
For the month of May, Jaguar sales were 3,113 units, a 44 percent increase from 2,164 units in May 2016; making it the best May Jaguar sales month since 2004.
The Jaguar F-PACE hit 1,440 units sold, making it the brand’s volume leader for the month. The Jaguar F-PACE recently won two titles at the 2017 World Car Awards – World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year. The XE hit 764 units sold.
The Jaguar F-TYPE had its second best May sales month with 409 units sold. To mark the introduction of the new 18 MY F-TYPE range, at this year’s New York Auto Show Jaguar debuted an exclusive 400 SPORT special edition model.
Jaguar launched two new entry luxury vehicles in 2016: the 2017 XE compact luxury sedan, starting at $34,900(1), and the 2017 F-PACE compact luxury SUV, starting at $40,990.(1) Competitively priced within their respective segments, these two new models appeal to an all-new segment of buyers for the brand. The XE is available with two gasoline engines, a 240-hp turbocharged four-cylinder and a 340-hp supercharged V6. The F-PACE is available with the same 340-hp supercharged V6, as well as a 380-hp supercharged V6 in the ‘S’ model. Both vehicles are available with a 180-hp turbocharged diesel engine, which returns 42mpg highway(2) on Jaguar XE models and 33mpg highway(2) on F-PACE models.
The Jaguar XF is now offered with three available powertrains, two supercharged V6 powertrains producing 340- and 380-hp and a 180-hp turbocharged four-cylinder diesel offering an EPA certified 42mpg highway.(2) The 2017 Jaguar XJ retains its position within the Jaguar line-up as the pinnacle in luxury for the brand. It continues to be available with three powertrain options – a 340-hp supercharged V6, a 470-hp supercharged V8 and a 550-hp supercharged V8 – is offered in both standard and long wheelbase lengths in both rear- and all-wheel drive configurations. For 2017, the Jaguar F-TYPE offers buyers with an all-new derivative in the F-TYPE SVR. Powered by the brand’s proven supercharged V8 engine, the F-TYPE SVR has been further enhanced to offer 575-hp and 516-lb. ft. of torque enabling a top speed of 200mph(4)(5) and a 0-60mph time of 3.5 seconds.(4)
All new Jaguar models come standard with Jaguar EliteCare, an ownership package with class-leading five-years or 60,000-mile warranty, complimentary scheduled maintenance coverage, roadside assistance and Jaguar InControl®Protect & Remote™.(3)
(1) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar or Land Rover Retailer for details.
(2) EPA estimates the diesel powertrain on the F-PACE will offer 26mpg city/ 33mpg highway. EPA estimates the diesel powertrain on the XE will offer 32mpg city/ 42mpg highway. EPA estimates 31mpg city/ 42mpg highway for the diesel XF. Actual mileage may vary.
(3) Class is cars sold by luxury automobile brands and claim is based on total package of warranty, maintenance and other coverage programs. For complete details regarding Jaguar EliteCare coverage, please visit JAGUARUSA.COM, call 1.800.4.JAGUAR or visit your local Jaguar Retailer.
(4) Always follow local speed limits.
(5) F-TYPE SVR Coupe top speed is 200mph. F-TYPE SVR Convertible top speed is 195mph.