- Celebratory commission: Her Majesty the Queen’s patronage of the British Red Cross celebrated with a specially commissioned new Defender 130 on her Platinum Jubilee
- 26 Jaguars and Land Rovers: Iconic vehicles from the two British brands to feature in the Jubilee Pageant, including two of Her Majesty’s beloved Land Rover Defenders and several historically important Jaguar E-types
- Bond interlude: A Jaguar XKR from Die Another Day is joined by Land Rovers from Skyfall and No Time To Die
- One of a kind: A specially commissioned, bespoke 1965 Series 1 Jaguar E-type Roadster makes its public debut in the parade
- Royal Warrants: Jaguar Land Rover hold three Royal Warrants and have an association with the Royal Family dating back even further than the Queen's Coronation in 1952
- Jaguar and Land Rover fans: British names Luke Evans, Bear Grylls OBE, Jason Robinson OBE, David Gandy and Jess Hawkins will show their support and get behind the wheel of these iconic vehicles
Wednesday 1 June, Jaguar Land Rover Classics: Jaguar Land Rover is joining Her Majesty the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations, with 26 of its cars in the Platinum Jubilee Pageant on Sunday June 5. To further commemorate the Queen’s 70 years of dedicated service, Land Rover is giving the British Red Cross a new Defender 130 to support its operations in the UK.
Land Rover engineers will work with representatives from the charity, of which the Queen is a patron, to adapt the Defender 130 before it goes into service. Land Rover has supported the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies since 1954.
We are delighted to be receiving the Defender 130 and look forward to working with the team at Land Rover to modify this over the coming months. As the longest version of this vehicle ever produced, we will be able to utilise the increased capacity to incorporate new and unique features that will better support our emergency response and ambulance support work. The vehicle’s off-road capabilities will give us the freedom to access remote areas and reach people affected by emergencies and disasters across the UK.
Head of Crisis Response
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Pageant is a celebration of the creativity and ingenuity of the people of the UK and Commonwealth during the 70 years of her reign. Two of Her Majesty’s beloved Land Rover Defenders will take part, along with three Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles from James Bond films, and a collection of rare Jaguar convertibles including a bespoke 1965 Series 1 E-type Roadster. The one-off renovation features a comprehensive list of enhancements carried out by the expert technicians at Jaguar Classic Works, and metallic blue paintwork inspired by the Union flag.
LAND ROVER JUBILEE PAGEANT - GROUP SHOT
It is a true honour for our vehicles to play a part in this momentous occasion to mark Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee. As the UK’s longest reigning monarch, Head of the Commonwealth, patron of more than 600 charities as well as a mother, grandmother and great grandmother, the Queen is a remarkable role model and we are delighted to celebrate with her today.
Chief of Staff at Jaguar Land Rover
Other Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles of note participating in the pageant include the first Land Rover the world ever saw, unveiled at the 1948 Amsterdam Motor Show. In a celebration of Jaguar’s move towards an all-electric future, the parade will feature an F-PACE Electric Hybrid in a bespoke livery designed with drumming sensation Nandi Bushell and an all-electric I-PACE from the E-Trophy racing series.
LAND ROVER JUBILEE PAGEANT PREPARATIONS
The vibrant and colourful procession will cover a 3km route taking in The Mall and Buckingham Palace, echoing the route of the Coronation 70 years ago. It will feature more than 10,000 volunteers and creatives celebrating each of the Queen’s seven decades on the throne through a carnival of art, music, theatre and dance. The Jaguars and Land Rovers will feature throughout the parade with notable brand fans and cultural icons aboard, from Bear Grylls to Dame Joan Collins.