- InMotion Ventures invests in six new companies in 2018
- Investments focus on urban transportation and outdoor experiences
- InMotion’s incubator Studio 107 launches car subscription service Carpe
In 2018, InMotion Ventures, Jaguar Land Rover’s venture capital arm backed six start-ups that could change the way we travel. In addition, InMotion’s incubator, Studio 107 launched its first service: Carpe for all-inclusive car subscription.
InMotion Ventures continues to invest in urban transportation, mobility and travel, but this year extended its reach to include active outdoor experiences.
The six companies selected this year were:
- Voyage, US based self-driving community taxi service, with the aim that anyone can summon an autonomous vehicle to their door and reach their destination safely
- FATMAP, a 3D-mapping technology company targeted at outdoor lovers, allowing them to safely navigate off-road across all terrains with ease
- Transit, a company that built a mobile app designed to help people live and travel around cities without using cars
- Arc, creators of the world’s first fully-electric motorcycle with Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Festicket, the world's largest online portal for music fans to discover and book tickets and travel packages for music festivals worldwide
- WeTrip, a social travel platform that personalises information about attractions according to users' travel preferences
2018’s new investments brings the InMotion Ventures investment portfolio to 15 companies, with InMotion Ventures having completed its first exit since its foundation in 2016: the sale of enterprise carpooling company SPLT to Bosch was announced in February.
InMotion’s investment team works closely with founders and management of its portfolio companies, as well as co-investors, to help them with their goals: whether that be to attract the best talent, facilitate introductions and collaborations with Jaguar Land Rover or raise the next funding round.
2018 has been an exceptional year for developments and breakthroughs in the urban mobility and premium lifestyle experience sectors which is reflected in the new additions to our investment portfolio. We have also seen our existing portfolio companies grow and prosper, enabling us to reinvest and continue to support them as they mature.
Managing Director, InMotion Ventures
Studio 107, InMotion’s incubator, was also launched this year. Working closely with Jaguar Land Rover to develop own-brand urban mobility services, it will help the company to quickly launch new products and services to meet changing consumer demands. InMotion Studio 107 successfully launched its first service this year: Carpe, an unlimited, all-inclusive car subscription model, targeted at high-mileage drivers, providing Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles for a monthly fee.
Launching new product offerings through InMotion’s incubator Studio 107 reflects not only the rapid pace the sector is moving at, but InMotion’s agility in responding to changing consumer demands. We have a really exciting new pipeline of new products and services in development, and we greatly look forward to the opportunities 2019 will present.