- Jaguar Land Rover introduces AT&T Connected Car Prepaid Unlimited Data Plan for only $20 per month (1)
- Available through the Jaguar Land Rover InControl Wi-Fi™ feature, passengers can connect up to eight devices to the internet using an in-car Wi-Fi connection (3)
- InControl Wi-Fi™ is available as a standard feature and as an option on select Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles
(MAHWAH, NJ) – March 22, 2017 - Today, Jaguar Land Rover announced that owners of Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles with InControl Wi-Fi™ will have access to a prepaid unlimited data plan for $20 per month (1) enabled by AT&T. The prepaid unlimited data plan, which is available across the U.S. (2), makes it easier and more affordable for Jaguar and Land Rover vehicle owners using the brand’s InControl platform to stay connected while on-the-go (3).
When a data signal is available, users of InControl Wi-Fi™ have access to the latest in infotainment services, including Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities that allow passengers to connect up to eight devices to the service for fast access to the internet.
Jaguar and Land Rover InControl Wi-Fi™ relies on a fixed antenna mounted to the vehicle. This mount is the same area in which the AM/FM radio antenna is housed; its size and location have been designated to assist the vehicle in accessing stronger signals and provide reliable internet connectivity across a broad range of the country (2).
“Wireless connectivity and connected car services continue to be a key driver for new vehicle purchases, so we’re happy that this attractive price will provide Jaguar Land Rover customers with an enhanced ownership experience through the use of all the Wi-Fi enabled benefits,” said David Larsen, Jaguar Land Rover North America Product Planning Manager.
“We’re proud of our role in delivering our latest affordable unlimited data plan to Jaguar and Land Rover owners,” said Joe Mosele, vice president, Internet of Things Solutions, AT&T. “By accessing the internet through the AT&T wireless network, passengers can now enjoy their content and entertainment on the go.”
InControl Wi-Fi™ is currently available as a standard feature and as an option on select Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles including the Jaguar XE, XF, XJ, and F-PACE, and Land Rover vehicles including the Discovery and Discovery Sport, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport, and Range Rover Evoque models.
(1) Plus applicable taxes and fees. Prepaid session based data plan provides access to AT&T wireless data services for your equipped vehicle for 30 days. Eligible vehicle data plan and SIM card required. Auto-renewal: Plans automatically renew every 30 days unless cancelled. To cancel at any time, call 1-866-595-0010 or by accessing your account online. Monthly charges will automatically be billed by AT&T to credit cards on file on day 30 unless cancelled. Payments are non-refundable (subject to applicable law).
(2) Coverage and service not available everywhere.
(3) Do not use Jaguar InControl® features under conditions that will affect your safety or the safety of others. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. The Wi-Fi hotspot is intended for passenger use only. InControl features may require an additional subscription with separate terms and conditions.